Monday 18 March 2013

Aishu's party outfit

Hi there again.


As promised my next project which was made for my daughter. The idea to make a tutu was in my mind for quite some time already. You know how they look on little girls. So now I got an occasion. Besides I had a new turtle neck for my daughter which I intended to decorate with some flower applique.
That's what I got.
I decided to make it one color wear which is really fasionable this season.
I crocheted the flower and decorated it with some pearls. Then used some ribbons to created some kinds of leaves and petals.


Good old felt (it's yellow as I didn't have more neutral color on hand and didn't have time to go and buy it. Besides this yellow was thinner than other rolls)... so it helped me to hold everything in its place and pins were handy for putting the finished flower on the top. I preferred pins as this way I don't need to worry about hand wash the whole outfit. Just remove the flower and wash as normal then put it back on. easy peasy!!!


Once I was surfing through the net in search of some stuff and came across this cute no sew tutu which I definitely had to make. Now I got an excuse to waste some time and effort. he-he-he.



I am not going to post the tutorial 'coz if you just google "no sew tutu tutorial" you will get thousands if not more results. However, I have to give credit to the following ladies whose posts were very handy and so self-explanatory:

Mandy has her tutorial with an elastic. She featured a dress there that can be handy for those who need a longer outfit.
Madame Souffle has a lovely tutorial with a ribbon as a base. I loved the color. She also included the general guidelines for waist size according to the age. I found it quite helpful.
And last but not at all the least Serenity and her mommy created beautiful tutorial on making a no sew tutu. They also posted some really cute and helpful ideas on how to cut tulle for a tutu with no fuss as well as how to satin wrap a tutu.
BIG BIG BIG THANK YOU to these ladies for their wonderful work and eagerness to share with us.

Well once the top and the skirt were done I had to make something for my baby's hair. So this cute hair clip was created. It looks so nice on her. My little lady.


I was in a hurry so couldn't take a picture of the whole outfit before we left for the party. So it's coming a bit later.

Let me know what you think.
Hope to hear your opinion.
ses ya...

7 comments:

  1. Hii the tutu skirt looks great. Did u use the ribbon to make it. If so do u tie the skirt around or you slip it on like u would do for a regular skirt? Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. Thanks, I'm happy you liked the skirt. I used an elastic as a base for my tutu, just remember not to tie tulle too tight. I stiched two ends of the elastic together as I would for a normal skirt. Enjoy!!! Let me know if you have any other questions.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for a quick reply. I followed serenity mom's tutorial and made the skirt using ribbon. After finishing it i was wondering how to slip it on girls (or tie it around). I am new to this and i don't have kids. Do u have any suggestions that i can use. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there again.
      Sorry I don't know your name. Ideally the ribbon base should be much longer than a girl's waist so that you can tie it behind with a cute bow.
      You won't be able to stitch the ends of the ribbon together as it doesn't stretch and it will be very difficult to put it on.
      Hope it will help. Let me know if you have any other questions.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much. My name is saira. Thanks for clarifying my doubts. You have a nice blog. I made a note to try some of ur recipes. Thanks again 

      Delete
    3. Dear Saira,
      I'm happy I could help you out with your questions. Thank you for the kind words and let me know if you liked the recipes or probably made some changes. I'm always happy to hear your thoughts.
      Right now I'm on vacation with my family but as soon as I come back I will continue adding new posts both for kids and adults.
      Hope to hear from you.

      Delete
    4. Dear Saira,
      I would love to see the tutu you made if you don't mind. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...