Wednesday 13 March 2013

chicky chicken meatballs

When it comes to giving meat to babies different babies have different opinions.
I make beef and chicken meatballs for my baby. She loves them. However, I came up with this chicken and turkey meatball for those who hesitate to give beef for their babies or in my case just for a change.
They also are quite healthy as turkey is lean and some veggies are added in the recipe.
Sorry I just realized haven't taken  any pictures. Maybe I'll add them later.

I would say these meatballs are appropriate for babies 10-11 months and older.

You will need:

500g turkey breast
500g chicken breast
1 medium carrot, cut into medium chunks
3 small onions
1 capsicum, cut into 2 inch pieces
1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Allright, it is very difficult to find pure chicken or turkey mince here so I mince it myself. While putting turkey and chicken through the mincer I also add carrot, onions and capsicum. This way I make sure everything is the same size, chopped and incorporated.
Once done with it add bread crumbs, salt ans pepper. Mix everything thoroughly. Form meatballs. Cook immediately or freeze for further use.

Bon appetit!

2 comments:

  1. oh this is super easy .. bt can you tell me for how long can you refregerate these balls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.Yes it is easy and yummy and good for you.;) I usually freeze them leaving out the portion I plan to cook right away. They don't stay frozen for more than 3-4 weeks, by this time they are long gone. As for refrigeration, usually it is reccomended to keep the meat in the fridge for no longer than 24 hours. I guess I would go with it.
      Hope it's helpful.
      Come again.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...